Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Life is like music!!

Sunset on Lake MichiganImage via Wikipedia
My music life is starting to get busy again!! Was there really time off? There was but it really flew by!! Choir starts Saturday morning-have plenty to do to  get ready-music & folders, robe lists to organize, music to learn. My lessons will start again in a few weeks so I have that music to work on too!! As I have done more inner reflecting this summer I have realized that life is a lot like my music schedule. How is that you say? There are up times & down times, quiet times & busy times. There are days when I just relax at home, others days that I see a lot of my friends-both human & musical!! Sunday I drove to Mears & saw some very beautiful scenery!!! My first thought was,"Thank you Lord for making this world so beautiful!!! Second thought was to sing the doxology,"Praise God from whom all blessings flow"!! Then there was the swim in Lake Michigan. The waves were high, the sun was shining plus the time spent with special friends-reminded me of the most grandiose music I have ever heard-Beethoven's symphonies!! The melodies & harmonies going up & down & intertwining with each other  & of course the glorious finale!! One such finale gave us the beautiful melody for our  hymn, "Joyful, Joyful." We sang that very song that morning in our worship service  &the message was on being joyful!!! Praise God that life is like music!!
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment