Thursday, June 3, 2010

How do I descfibe work last night?

I thought this was going go be something easy to do-maybe I was wrong? What music or musical term can I use to describe frustration, anger, happiness...? Well-let's give this a try!! With so many emotions at 1 time it might have to be a symphony!! The 1st movement of the symphony would be allegro(fast), maybe in a minor mode to indicate sadness with lots of accidentals to make it sound very confusing & needs to change keys every other measure to increase theconfusion!! The 2nd movement would be even faster-maybe vivace & have lots of 16th & 32nd notes-that would really upset the player!! The last movement would be dolce-very pleasant & sweet. It would have a wonderful melody that you remember very easily & hum to yourself for many days. It would bring smiles to the faces of those listening. This melody would be played by the flute of course!! And would have a beautiful piano accompaning it. Then it would have more instuments added 1 by 1 & would swell & swell until the sound fills the auditorium & spills out to the street. This melody would just raise your spirits more & more until you just couldn't help but smile. All of the angry, fast music would be in the past & a distant memory because this new melody would fill your mind & soul. This is the outside part of music.

Does that sound like fiction? Sometimes it feels like it is-today it feels like it is but I know that isn't true. I know that the inside part of music comes from inside of me. Just as the outside symphony music changed & replaced the anger w/ happiness & contentment so I must choose to let go of the anger & frustration caused by others. I am responsible for my reactions & behavior. So for the inside music I will choose to be happy & contented with where I am right now. I want that happy music to show thru. I want to be known by my "dolce music" & not by all the minor, angry, unhappy music that can be caused by others.

No comments:

Post a Comment