Friday, June 25, 2010

Now what??!!

Music can be full of surprises & so can life!! Just like you don't know what the next movement of a symphony will bring unless you have heard it before life is very similar. One moment everything is calm, serene & beautiful the next it is complicated, dissonent & painful. Yes-even music can be painful!! When all the notes are very close together, when there is a lot of percussion banging thru the melody these can be painful moments in otherwise beautiful music. Lately there has been a lot of minor sounds in the music of my life. Pain brings a lot of minor music in my life lately. I crave the quiet, major chords-the beautiful little melody that calms the soul but lately that melody is silent. All I can hear is the loud, minor sound of my pain. There has been very little physical music in my life lately& I miss it!! I haven't played the piano in over 2 weeks & I can tell. My soul is heavy, there are frequent tears & a constant unsettled feeling. My soul craves it's music!! I miss my music!! It is time that the mourning end!! It is time to move on!! Debussey is calling me!! Scales & arleggioes are calling me!! My fingers crave the movement!! My brain craves the emotion, the desire, the love of the music!! It is time!! It is time to set aside the pain & experience the joy of music again!!

1 comment: